twitter




Sunday, May 23, 2010

How does Robert Half work? Do they charge a fee to look for jobs through them?

Someone told me you have to pay to use their service and then they take your info and sell it to marketers so you get a ton of junk mail. Is this true? If not, how does a job search through them work? Are there any fees to the hiree?
How does Robert Half work? Do they charge a fee to look for jobs through them?
I use to work for Robert Half back in 04-05, They were a pretty good agency, the jobs they found for me were with a bank and another one with a local city utility agency, I worked for them for about a year and not once did I pay any fees in fact they gave me good referrals when I got hired on with my full time job(not thru them). As for the junk mail, I never received any.
Reply:Why not just contact them %26amp; ask? This sounds odd to me, I've never heard of a recruitment agency charging the job applicant. I mean who would ever use them when you can go to all the other job agencies %26amp; pay nothing? Usually job agencies charge the company you are going to work for - they charge them 10 or 15% of your starting salary. So the company you are going to work with pays the fee, not you!





That's why companies make such a big deal out of hiring someone, they want to ensure they are hiring someone who can do the job well %26amp; who will stay with them for many years. Otherwise they are wasting all that money on job agency fee's all the time (although if you quit the job in the first 3 months then your company gets the fee back from the job agency).

No comments:

Post a Comment